The Free Enterprise Forum, a privately funded public policy organization, is dedicated to providing clear positive balance to the discussion of important issues of the day.
What we believe:
- We believe in private enterprise and economic freedom. Such freedom allows individuals to grow and maximize their inherent potential.
- We believe economic growth is good for our community. Improving and expanding economic opportunities and vitality is critical to sustaining the quality of life for both existing and new residents.
- We believe in limited government.
- We believe in local government control of local issues within the basic structure of Virginia’s government.
- While we believe in local control and effective local government, we also recognize many issues are regional in scope and require the coordination and cooperation of several jurisdictions.
- We believe wherever possible government should encourage market-based approaches.
- We believe government ordinances and policies should be constructed with input from those affected by such proposals and then administered in a fair and consistent manner.
- We also believe in the freedom to fail. Progress, even through creative destruction, is an important aspect of economic health.
- We believe in individual and corporate responsibility. Individuals, governments, and organizations should be held accountable for their actions.
Reaffirmed by Free Enterprise Forum Board of Directors
April 10, 2012